If you were a 90s kid or the mother of a 90s kid, there’s a good chance you watched some of the many popular reality cooking shows in the aughts and 2010s. Three of those shows – Food Network’s Ham on the Street and The Secret Life of…, and TLC’s The Ultimate Cake Off – were hosted by celebrity chef and comedian George Duran, who is known for his unique takes on classic recipes. We have a fresh new recipe from the man himself: his healthy Mighty Chocolate Tahini Sauce that’s easy to make and amazing to eat.
This sauce’s delicious flavor and healthful lean come from its base ingredient, Mighty Sesame organic tahini. Tahini is considered a superfood, providing high nutritional value to your meal. George chooses Mighty Sesame because it comes in an easy-to-use squeeze bottle and the sesame seeds used are sustainably sourced from Ethiopia. Mighty Sesame is George’s go-to tahini for any recipe because it’s all-natural, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, kosher, halal and keto friendly, so nobody ever feels left out. You can read all about the brand, and find their range of products and retail locations at www.mightysesameco.com.
Give it a try yourself and never look at store-bought chocolate sauce the same again.
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2/3 cups whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup Mighty Sesame organic tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan, add sugar, milk and salt and bring to a simmer. Whisk in cocoa powder until combined.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Allow to melt for a couple minutes before whisking to combine.
- Whisk in butter, tahini and vanilla until smooth. Serve warm.
Makes about 2 cups.